Monday 10 October 2011

My top 3 games of all time.

This post will be slightly different to my usual posts but I'm really fascinated to know what video games you guys have grown up with and what games you would consider favorites? I guess I just want to list 3 games that I feel have really sort of evoked a feeling of immersion within me and have truly stuck out for me throughout my gaming years so without further ado I shall begin by listing the my 3rd favorite to this day first and of course my favorite game (or franchise) first.

3rd - Legacy Of Kain series

I know this game never really generated a huge fan base as far as I know, but I found the storyline, voice acting and lore in the game to be absolutely superb and I thoroughly enjoyed the LoK series. I found the Blood Omen games to be slightly lacking in comparison to the Soul Reaver games maybe with the exception of Legacy Of Kain - Defiance which essentially let you play as both Raziel and Kain which is just pure awesome. In any regard I definitely feel that the LoK series deserves a place amongst my top 3. It's literally impossible though to narrow down my favorite game in the series as they all have something interesting to add to the story and are all immersive in their own way.




 2nd - Diablo

This comes 2nd because I remember way back when I was a wee lad I was too scared to play the single player for fear of dying to the butcher countless times. But one day I went to a friends house and basically felt a little braver with a comrade there ;D (we were 10 or so) and I actually got past the butcher and progressed quite far into the game and I thoroughly enjoyed it and thus my love for the Diablo and it's expansions and sequels began. Engaging storyline, awesome replayability and just pure fun as I'm sure most of you know :)


1st - Baldurs Gate 1 + 2

This game when I bought it way back, came on 6 cd's and I was so damn excited to play it after watching the trailers which back then were really quite a spectacle in terms of RPG's. I've always liked the variation of spells in the game. The absolutely immense level of detail that went into the story and I love how everything in the Forgotten Realms is so well connect (ie. Neverwinter, Ice Wind Dale etc.) So just because of my love of awesome dialogue in games and how you sort of have free roam when it comes to formulating relationships with so many different people in any forgotten Realms game I had to list Baldurs Gate as my all time favorite game. Sarevok is an awesome antagonist and is only topped by Jon Irenicus (Baldurs Gate 2) in my opinion. Also the voice acting in the game is absolutely mind blowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment